Wednesday, September 4, 2013

How to be a good music student

Students I just want to remind you of stuff I say on daily basis. This list will tell you how to be successful in life. It's not in any particular order.

Responsibility
   I know I try to make things easy for you but that does not mean you should let it be. I need to see members taking initiatives and stop depending on easy work. You have a responsibility to attend all sessions regularly and on time, to know your part and practice on your own first before we practice as a group, focus during rehearsals, be aware of events and activities and most importantly you need to obey my instructions.

Punctuality
   I know you have to wait on line to eat your lunch, other subject teacher hold you back, you thought I was not there and so on and so on during school. After school, I know you have to baby sit your younger brother, pick up your sister, shop for your mother and so on and so on. But I also know the truth. Some of the students are always late, always absent. What does this mean? It is a disrespect to me and to the team. Please make every effort to be on time.

Commitment
   I always say even if you did not want to do something but you decide to do it, then you need to do your best. However you are not here feeling like you don't want to be part of it because we don't force anybody, you choose to be with our program. This means I am expecting the best of the best attitude from every single students. Feel the sense of ownership, Its not my band, not my choir, It is yours, ours.

I will post up more soon

No comments:

Post a Comment